At Dealhack, we believe that volunteer involvement is an integral part of a strong and prosperous community. To encourage this value, we’ve decided to reward a college or university student who demonstrates outstanding volunteer involvement in their community. The winner of our annual award will receive a $1,500 USD scholarship to use towards their tuition.
“What is the essence of life? To serve others and to do good.”
To apply for this scholarship, simply follow the guidelines below:
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, students must:
- Be enrolled full-time at a college or university in the USA or Canada for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Be in good standing with their current academic institution.
- Exemplify outstanding community volunteer involvement.
- Have permission from a parent or legal guardian if they are under the age of 18.
How to apply
- Simply fill out the application form found here.
- Include your name, email address, and the name of your current school and the institution that you will be attending for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Include the name, phone number, and email address of at least one (1) reference that can verify your volunteer involvement.
- Use your answers to fully describe your community volunteer involvement and what it means to you to be a volunteer. Questions include:
- How do you help in your community?
- How long have you been volunteering?
- Why do you volunteer?
- What does volunteering mean to you and what has it taught you?
- What plans do you have to volunteer in the future?
- We are currently accepting applications. The deadline to apply is June 30, 2019, at midnight PST.
- The winner of the contest will be notified via email and announced on this page no later than 12 midnight PST on August 1st, 2019.
- Payment of the scholarship will be remitted to the winner’s respective academic tuition services department in full no later than August 4th, 2019.
How will applications be reviewed?
Applications will be read and evaluated by Dealhack employees. One (1) winner will be chosen based on the perceived value of the applicant’s volunteer activity. References for all finalists will be contacted to verify their volunteer activities.
- The value of this scholarship is $1,500 USD or the CAD equivalent according to xe.com at noon PST on June 30, 2019. Wire transfer and currency exchange fees will be covered by Dealhack.
- The scholarship recipient is responsible for payment of any applicable State, Provincial, and/or Federal taxes due to the receipt of the scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient will have their name, school, picture, and description of their volunteer activity listed in the “recipients” section of our website.
If you have any questions or would like further information on this scholarship, please send an email to [email protected]. Please allow up to 48 hours for a response.
Community Volunteer Scholarship Recipients
2018 – Vilmarie Ocasio
2017 – Kate Ekanem
View all past winners on our scholarship winners page.