Over the past decade, shopping has undergone several changes. In the past, the only way consumers could shop would be by visiting the store or shopping my mail order. That has changed in recent years by the increased usage of online shopping. By shopping online, consumers can avoid a crowd, not worry about the weather, and enjoy all the savings that you would get in person. However, wise online shoppers need to be aware of potential problems.
With the increased usage of online shopping comes the increase in online fraudulent efforts and activities. These online frauds have cost billions of dollars each year. Typical fraud can be in the form of identity theft, fraudulent charges on consumers credit or debit cards, using fake websites and other similar frauds. While these fraudulent activities can be financially hazardous to shoppers, consumers can be protected from these dangers.
The good news is that shoppers can avoid falling the victim of online fraud. The best defense that consumers have is using common sense. For example, if you receive an email with an outstanding offer, make sure that the offer is legitimate. If you are asked to click on a link make sure that it goes to the correct retailer and not a spoofed site. There are many similar ways to avoid being a victim.
Enjoy the convenience and safety of online shopping. By following some of the suggestions and information on the following websites you can be able to shop safely with the knowledge that your transactions are secure. If you find this information useful, feel free to pass along this article to someone that can use it.
- Consumer Motivations for Online Shopping
- Online Shopping Acceptance
- A Timeline of Internet Retailing
- Overview of Internet Shopping
- Pros and Cons of Online Shopping
- History of Online Retail
- Safe Online Shopping
- Internet Risks
- Consumer Shopping Protection
- Online Holiday Shopping
- An Unfortunate Fact About Shopping
- Simple Steps for Internet Safety
- Protecting Yourself While Using the Internet
- Tips for Safe Online Shopping
- The Dangers of Email Attachments
- Potential Risks of Email and the Internet
- Online Safety Tips
- Spam and Phishing Dangers
- What is Online Fraud?
- Fraud and the Internet: Online Shopping
- Identify Fake Website Stores and Scams
- Online Shopping Safety Tips
- Online Shopping Security Tips
- Information on Online Safety
- Shopping Safety Online
- General Online Security Tips
By Emma Lewis