Here at Dealhack, if there’s something we love more than saving a buck, it’s learning about a creative new way to save a buck. That’s why we took to r/AskReddit to find out how Redditors are scoring deals from some of America’s favorite stores.
From secret menu items to saving big money when you shop online, people shared some pretty fantastic tips and tricks. We decided to compile all of the tips and tricks into what we’re calling the “ultimate corporate cheat sheet”, and now we’re sharing it with you.
Flipping through the cheat sheet below, you’ll learn:
- Tips that will help you save while shopping online, eating out, traveling, signing up for mobile and internet services, and repairing your car.
- How abandoning your cart before your checkout can net savings of up to 25% at tons of major retailers. (Hint: this trick works at great stores like Macy’s, Kate Spade, Crocs, Williams-Sonoma, Bed Bath & Beyond, Levi’s, Bass Pro Shops and more!)
- How looking at the last two numbers on a price tag can help you figure out whether or not you’re getting a deal at some retailers (Hint: Costco, Sam’s Club, Target, Home Depot, Best Buy, and Sears all use this pricing strategy).
- How to score 100% free services and secret warranties from auto shops like AutoZone and Pep Boys.
- How to avoid waiting in long lines at the airport.
- How to you can score free treats year round, including pancakes, ice cream, donuts, Slurpees, coffee and more. If you like to eat at iHop, Ben & Jerry’s, Dunkin’ Donuts, Burger King or Chipotle, you’ll love these tips.
Check out the full corporate cheat sheet below, and if you have any tips that you think we should add to the list, let us know in the comment section below.